WHAT INFORMATION DOES URB COLLECT?
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We do not require that you provide any personal information to access URB. In general, you can visit URB and view its content while remaining anonymous by not providing any personal information. In some cases, when you visit URB, we may, through the use of "cookies" (which are described in greater detail below), automatically collect information about you that does not identify you individually. Examples of this type of information include: the type of Internet browser you are using; the type of computer operating system you are using; the domain name of your Internet service provider; and the web site from which you linked to our web site.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We do not collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. We collect personal information from you through URB only when you: (1) purchase a book or other merchandise; or (2) submit an e-mail on the "Contact Us" page of the web site. If you place an order, we collect order information (including your name, shipping and billing address, email address, telephone number and credit card information) to process your order. We also ask you to indicate your areas of interest (for example, family, spirituality, nutrition, etc.) and to indicate to us if you are responding to a promotion or if you have our catalog by supplying us with the corresponding number. If you send us an email from the "Contact Us" page, we will have a record of your email address and any other personal information you provide to us in the body of the email.
When you view our web site, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. "Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your Internet browser. Cookies enable the web site to recognize your browser and to remember your account information and password information when you visit the web site and to tailor our web site to better match your interests and preferences. They also make shopping online more convenient for you (for example, by allowing us to store items in your shopping basket between visits). With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you choose not to accept cookies, you should be aware that you may not be able to experience the full functionality of the web site.
HOW DOES URB USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Our purpose for gathering personal and non-personal information is to:
- supply products or services you have requested;
- provide customer service;
- provide information in response to your request;
- enhance your online experience by understanding you better and tailoring our offerings to your preferences; and
- make you aware of new products or offers in which you may be interested. For example, we may use such information to send you email or direct mail with news and information on new content and features of URB and new products and services URB offers. Use of any of the services on the web site is entirely voluntary; however, if you do not provide the personal information requested by us, we may elect not to make the related services available for your use. We do not combine any non-personally identifiable information collected through cookies with any personally identifiable information you provide to us.
When you purchase a book or other merchandise, we offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications. By checking "No" in the applicable box on our on-line order form, your e-mail address and street address will be identified accordingly in our database. You will not receive promotional mailings from us, and we will not include your name or street address on our rental list. Note that if you originally indicated that you would like to receive marketing communications, and do not want us to contact you in the future, please see Opt-Out below.
DOES URB SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
URB will share the information it collects from you with its affiliated companies, including Health Communications, Inc. (HCIBooks), ReadingEtc., Counselor Magazine and US Training Journal. These companies use your information to make you aware of products or services in which you may be interested. (For example, they may send you e-mail or direct mail with information on products and services they offer.) Except as explained in this paragraph, neither URB nor any of its affiliated companies will give, sell or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to anyone outside the URB family. The following are the limited instances where we may disclose or transfer personally identifiable information:
- If you make a purchase and do not opt out of receiving marketing communications from URB, we will retain a record of your transaction and your name, email address and street address. We may from time to time send you email or direct mail regarding our products and services. In addition, we will add your name and street address to our rental list, which we rent from time to time to third parties. In order to opt out, you need to click "No" in the appropriate places on our on-line order form where it asks: "Would you like to receive periodic emails from URB about upcoming book releases or special offers?"
- We may provide your information to appropriate authorities if we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect our legal rights or our property.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business assets. In such transactions, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Accordingly, you can expect that if we were to sell the division of URB which operates URB Books or if URB itself were to be sold, your information would be part of the assets transferred in such sale.
DOES URB COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
We do not knowingly collect, use or retain any personal information from visitors to our web site who are under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any records of such personal information that come to our attention. If it comes to your attention that your child under 13 has provided any personal information to the web site, we invite you to notify us so that we may delete the information from our records and discontinue any related features or services.
We do not intend to allow children under 13 to register with the web site. However, parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, please consult the the Direct Marketing Association website at http://dmaconsumers.org/parents.html
HOW DO I ACCESS MY INFORMATION? HOW CAN I UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
To update or change your information:
URB, Customer Care Dept.
3201 SW 15th St.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
- Call our Customer Care Department at 855-266-5632.
HOW DO I REMOVE MY INFORMATION FROM EMAIL AND MAILING LISTS?
If after providing personal information, you no longer wish to receive any materials, offers or correspondence from URB or if you wish to have your name and street address removed from future list rentals, please send an email to Customer Service
indicating your preference to "unsubscribe" and we will promptly remove you from our lists. Please be sure to include your name, street address and email address in your email.
HOW DOES URB SECURE MY INFORMATION?
We take appropriate steps to protect all information you share with us. All personal and purchase information is protected by a secured network accessible only to our Webmaster and Customer Care Department. Your credit card information is protected during an online purchase transaction by secure server software (SSL).
WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES?
or write to us at the following address:
URB - Web Marketing Dept.
3201 SW 15th St.
Deerfield Beach, FL